Thursday, July 5, 2012

Words on a Screen

I feel like I've gotten my emotions in check concerning baby Bean and the unknown. I'm able to talk about how I'm feeling and even plan for the future. Sometimes my strong facade cracks and I know that is okay. Last Sunday during church was one of those times. I think we sang two or three songs before some words appeared on the screen. This was one of the many times I'm thankful my husband carries a hankie. I've italicized the words which brought out the waterworks.

In a thousand ways our minds are trying to flee this moment.
Unresolved conflict with loved one.
Deadlines and demands.
Hopes and dreams that seem to have outpaced us.
For many of us it takes only a key word to launch our minds into every moment but this one.

We're sitting here. And yet we are somewhere else.



Pause a moment.



Breathe deeply.


Believe, if for just a moment that our worrying, our preoccupations, our distractions and anxieties are not a solution. They offer little if any benefit.
They're simply noise.


Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow will be there with or without us.


Right now, let us embrace God in our midst. The God who invites us to be here, with him and each other, alive in grace and peace.


Welcome to this moment.  


I asked Daren to contact the church to get the text shown on the screens. I love what came after the portion I italicized. I was a bit consumed on that Sunday to see the final portion.  It is hard to explain how deeply this affected me. I know I will worry...that is what moms do. I also need to realize I am a child of God and we will get through this.

Text written by Pastor Steve Daugherty, Crosspointe Community Church - Cary, NC






No comments:

Post a Comment