Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Home From Vacation

Daren and I returned from All Inclusive Vacation II on Sunday evening. The trip home to NC was much less eventful than the trip to IA. Driving a rental car from Minneapolis to Sioux Falls was not in our original plans. Oh well, we made it safe and sound.

It was great to see my family and an assortment of friends. We had lots of visitors stop  by.  I'm not sure I can even remember them all. Thanks to...
- Bill and Bailey Goebel for the taking kids tubing and boat ride.
- Margie Leusink for the paddle boat and large float.
- John and Peggy Olson for the life vests.
- Bob & Rhonda Netten and Sue Reimers for taking the kids tubing, dumping Sue & Avery out of the tube, and the sunset boat ride.
- Amber, Andy, and Lincoln Wolf for saving the day on stromboli night by bringing us a rolling pin. Gabe loved playing with Lincoln.
- Joell Walgenbach for bringing Halle and Merrick to the lakes for my nieces to play with.
- Jack Daniels for the use of your corn hole boards so I could display my sheer dominance.
- Gary Green and grandkids for allowing Stella and Avery to ride their first horse. As Avery said, my biggest dream in life has come true.
- Mom and GABS for footing the majority of the house rental.
Stella's first time on a horse

Sheila and Regan in the boat


Daren and Avery tubing

Log ride at Arnold's Park - Brad, Stella, Avery & Gabe

Bean was too short for any fun

Amber Wolf and family came for a visit.

My goddaughter Halle with Avery and Stella

I had a much less eventful vacation than everyone else. Being 25 weeks pregnant limited my activities. I was the picture taker from the boat while everyone else went tubing. I went on the beer runs when supplies ran low. I got to hold the water bottles and take pictures in Arnold's Park while everyone else rode the rides. My mom said I had to ask my husband if I could ride the horses...I knew not to ask. My trip may have sounded a bit less exciting than everyone else, but I still had a great time. I think it is time to start planning All Inclusive Vacation III.

No comments:

Post a Comment