Tuesday, September 11, 2012

30 Weeks and Odds & Ends

Friday was another ultrasound and visit with Dr Vora. No new organs have slipped outside and become a part of the omphalocele. That is very good news. Bean is measuring 2 pounds 11 ounces. Again, the tech had issues trying to get us pictures of Bean's face b/c the hands are always near the face. This kid just doesn't like to have pictures taken.

The visit with Dr Vora was short and sweet. Nothing new in the u/s meant we didn't have a whole lot to talk about. I did ask about my gestational diabetes test. I asked if no news was good news. Dr Vora said my level was 1.01 and anything under 1.4 is a pass. Good to know I can continue to have Lucky Charms and a big glass of OJ for breakfast.  We also asked about if we should be getting the flu shot. Dr Vora said we both need to get the shot (prior to the birth) and the pertussis vaccine after Bean is born.

We did ask Dr Vora about scheduling the date for the c-section. As long as Bean doesn't decide to come early, we will meet he/she on November 6th.

My next visit will be in two weeks for a non-stress test for Bean.

On to the odds and ends -

Last weekend we made a quick trip to PA for the wedding of Daren's high school and college classmate. We had a bit of a housing shuffle as Daren's mom came down with bronchitis. The wedding was a great time and Daren was able to visit with high school friends. Even rain from Isaac couldn't stop this party.

Sun Yi, named by my best friend Joell, will soon be leaving the family. I bought my 'onda Civic more nine years ago. Sun Yi has been good to me. I've put almost 155,000 miles on my car. My new ride is being built and won't be here for about eight weeks. It will be a race to see which gets here first - my car or Bean.

The nursery has a first coat of paint. The room will be daffodil yellow...and it is really yellow. Daren said this is the last room in the house he is painting. I'll give him a break for about a year before I inform him we need to paint the second bathroom upstairs.

Tomorrow is Daren and my second wedding anniversary. Today is a perfect fall day. September can be a mixed bag in NC. It can either be the start of fall or a continuation of the 90 degree heat of summer. I'm trying to remember if our wedding weekend was hot...all I remember is that rain/mist started to fall during our pictures. The ceremony was delayed about 15 minutes b/c everyone was trying to decide if the ceremony was happening inside or out. I didn't care. All I wanted to do was get married. Two years have passed and we are going strong. Thank you Dottie Davis for introducing me to my future husband.

The growing Streett family will be spending the 2012 holiday season in Cary, NC.  We were supposed to be in PA for Thanksgiving and IA for Christmas. I will finally get to see our neighborhood lit up on Christmas Eve with luminaries. I'm hoping for a white Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Wedding was delayed due to a little sprinkle (and because your friends aren't always timely)...it was a beautiful day!

    Didn't my living room show you yellow can be a tough paint color? It seems to come out looking like big bird every time!

    ReplyDelete