Saturday, July 27, 2013

The Eighth Month

You can't hide things from Willa. She notices everything. She explores everything. If there is a fleck of something on the carpet, she will find it. That reminds me a lot of her Grandpa Green. I don't think carpet cleaning/inspection is one of the milestones from What to Expect the First Year. 

By eight months, your baby....

...should be able to:
  • feed self a cracker Does a pickle count? 
...will probably be able to:
  • stand holding on to someone or something Willa can briefly stand while we hold her. Often, it doesn't take long for her legs to collapse and the bouncing to start. 
  • play peekaboo Nope and I think it is ridiculous that this is a milestone. 
  • get to a sitting position from stomach Nope
...may possibly be able to:
  • creep or crawl Still army crawling. Her technique has been perfected with practice. I think chasing another baby at daycare has helped.
  • say "mama" or "dada"  indiscriminately Still just babbling away with da-da-da-da-da. We are trying to work in other syllables.
...should be able to:
  • play patty-cake(clap hands) or wave bye-bye I'm giving all the credit for Willa being able to clap her hands to our daycare. Willa even knows the word clap and will do it command. Willa is also waving. I find it funny she waves to the bottle while eating or at you while you change her diaper. 
  • walk holding on to furniture Nope
  • stand alone momentarily Nope
  • understand "no" (but not always obey it) Not sure about this one. Willa hears the word "no" most often while eating. I'm forever telling her - "No, we don't spit" Her sly smile makes me think that she understands but has selective hearing. 
The fall consignment sales are happening and I needed to do a wardrobe check before heading out to shop. Some of the 6 month summer items are still too big and some fit fine. Willa is wearing a combination of 3 month and 6 month clothing. Sadly, I don't think I'm gonna try and shop much for this fall. We just might be dressing Willa in a lot of layers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment