Friday, January 3, 2014

Feeding Fun

Feedings continue to be trial and error with Willa. We are slowly adding items to the list of foods that she will eat. The gagging and throwing up seems to have stopped (knock on wood). I've heard through the grapevine that people have an "Ack! Feed that child" response when they see pictures of Willa.  If only they knew how hard we are trying.

We did have a setback while in Iowa. On Saturday morning I got Willa to eat scrambled eggs. We had tried them at home before and she only took about 2-3 bites but on this morning I got her to eat 14 bites of egg. That is HUGE! I then turned the feeding job over to my niece Avery so I could go accomplish something. Fast forward to after Willa's morning nap and we had a child with a red and rashy face. Willa is allergic to eggs. She had the same reaction after eating the eggs at home but that was right when she started to have eczema so I didn't even think of linking the redness to the eggs. We are going to see an allergist on Monday. I don't know a lot about allergies but Willa seems to be fine after eating things like muffins and pancakes which both contain eggs. Is that a good sign that she could outgrow the egg sensitivity?

Here is what Willa will eat and you will notice they are things of similar texture -

Hummus
Chip Dip (tried once in Iowa as documented by the picture)
Macaroni & Cheese  - I think her record is 10 noodles
Cheese - We always offer this after she is done eating. She loves the stuff
Pancakes - Will only eat a teeny tiny bit but I'm going to keep trying
Mashed Potatoes & Gravy - This is becoming a staple of her diet. I even froze 10 small containers of gravy so I always have it on hand.
Muffins




No comments:

Post a Comment