Wednesday, May 15, 2013

First Ear Infection

We made it almost 6 1/2 months before Willa got sick. I think that is a pretty good considering how often she has appointments at the hospital. Willa had a stuffy nose for about two weeks. A slight cough started on Sunday.  The cough turned a bit chunky on Monday. I kept wondering if I should take her to our pediatrician and actually called to make an appointment for Monday evening. I was talked out of the appointment by the receptionist (my assumption of her position) because Willa didn't have a fever.

Tuesday afternoon I got a text from daycare Sharon that Willa wasn't able to make a sound while crying. That did it. I immediately called and made Willa an appointment at our pediatrician.

Willa was diagnosed with an ear infection and showed her displeasure by tossing her cookies on the exam table.  Actually, she gagged when Dr Woodrum tried to look in her mouth using the tongue depressor. Note to self for next appointment - Don't feed Willa two minutes prior to the doctor walking in the room.

Moral of the story is that ear infections don't always come with a fever.


No comments:

Post a Comment