Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Prepping for Thanksgiving

Pennsylvania family arrives in about a day and a half so that means that there is lots to do. Thanksgiving is quickly approaching! Both fridges are full of food to be cooked. We have four beds all set to go and plenty of clean towels. I think we hit all of the basics. This is the first full blown Thanksgiving meal cooked in the Streett household. I'm fairly confident I can pull this off…but if not we have pizzas in the freezer all set to go.

Thanksgiving 2012 seems like a lifetime away. Willa was just shy of a month old and had been discharged from the hospital two weeks prior. Neighbor Jayne provided all the sides (must have been 8+) and we just had to cook a turkey. It was a very calm weekend and I have a feeling that Thanksgiving 2013 is going to be the exact opposite. The dining room table will be set for 10. We have new friends and old friends joining us. I don't think Willa is going to have a quiet moment to herself.

My baby girl is such a big helper! Look how she even got thrown into the cleaning mix. Willa had to find all of her toys from under the couch. Mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment