Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Turkey Tryptophan

Thanksgiving has come and gone at the Streett house. We had a great visit with the Daren's family from Pennsylvania. I certainly know Willa enjoyed all of the attention from her cousins! I'm also glad that Daren's sister had her camera out 99% of the time because I kept forgetting to take pictures.

Willa found the bag of snacks brought by our traveling guests. Do you think she was trying to tell us that she was hungry?
Wednesday evening and Thursday morning was spent prepping for the Thanksgiving feast. Even Callie got involved by helping read the recipe for the cranberry sauce. The turkey with the dry brine was pretty darn tasty! I should have made a bigger bird because we only had a small amount for leftovers. Next year I'm going to estimate 1.5 pounds of meat per person. Willa helped me polish off my mashed potatoes. I had to go back twice for more gravy!


Friday was spent decorating the house for Christmas. A big thanks to AJ for helping his Uncle Daren hang the outdoor lights. Christmas just isn't complete without the Christmas palm tree proudly displayed on our porch. A lot of my indoor decorations are still packed away in the basement because they weren't made to withstand the abuse of a 13 month old. Also, the ornaments on the Christmas tree are lacking from the bottom part of the tree due to inquisitive fingers. However, the first ornament broken was not by Willa...but by her father. The green ball was the casualty of attempting to place a star on top of the tree.

We celebrated Christmas with Daren's family before they returned home. I think Willa made out the best! So many presents were placed in front of her that she didn't which one to open first.

No comments:

Post a Comment