Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Moaning and Groaning

It is now about six hours post-surgery and Willa is still pretty out of it. I'm having NICU flashbacks with the wires, monitors, and IV.  I was able to see her in the recovery room a little before 1pm. I'm not going to hide the fact I burst into tears when I saw her lying in the bed. The nurse quickly assured me that she was doing fine. I let her know these were tears of joy because once again we were so blessed with how things worked out.

Daren didn't even get to swap out with me for the recovery room visit before Willa was being transported to the children's short stay unit. It is a large room which is partitioned by curtains. Bonus points for this area - we can have food and drink. Negative of this area - space is at a premium.  Willa has either been sleeping, moaning, or crying since we've been here. I would also put them in that order for length of time. We have had some inconsolable moments of crying with high pulse rates. Since being here, Willa has had oxycodone, tylenol and morphine. I only wish I could say she has taken equal amounts of milk. She has no interest in feeding. We do need to see some urine output in her diapers.

Willa had a very sad face as she was sleeping when we first came to the short stay unit. I just had to capture it since she is normally so smiley.

Below is a picture of her abdominal repair. The black lines are the guides for Dr Adamson when creating her belly button. He stressed to us how careful they were about trying to get the location just perfect. The orangish color is leftover bedadine.


Thank you all for your text messages. Again, I'm very happy that I switched to an unlimited plan.


No comments:

Post a Comment