Monday, April 8, 2013

Easter In Iowa

I'm going to try and hit the highlights and tell most of the story with pictures.

Sadly, I start out with no pictures from our flights from RDU to Minneapolis and Minneapolis to Sioux Falls. If I did have pictures, it would of a diaper clad baby laying across out laps. Willa did great during the flights. Unfortunately, both we stripped her down to a her diaper because it was so hot on the plane for both flights. Oh, and I don't have a picture of me using the family bathroom at RDU for pumping.

My mom picked us in Sioux Falls. Again, I don't have picture of my struggles to pump in the backseat of her Enclave. However, I do have pictures from Famous Dave's. Who doesn't love eating barbecue from the lid of a trash can?
Suzie snapped up my baby
Gabe took down 4 ears of corn
Avery and the fire alarm...memories
The rest of Thursday was uneventful. Made the drive to Hull and tucked everyone in their beds for the night. Willa did a good job sleeping in her pack-n-play.

Early morning cuddle
Friday morning started off with some cuddle time for cousin Stella.  I went and got my hair done and even convinced Daren to get a slight trim of his mop. Friday afternoon brought the Iowa City/Indianapolis caravan of my older sister Sheila, her 18 month old daughter Regan, and Aunt Sue/GABS. I turned to Stella and said, "Stella, if you want to hold Willa you better do it now b/c Aunt Sheila just got here and GABS will be following shortly. Plus, once your mom gets here tonight you won't have an opportunity to hold Willa." Stella's response, "Oh, I don't think so. Aunt Sheila isn't as baby crazy as my mom is." Stella stewed on that response for a bit before asking if she could hold Willa. I just laughed and told her she made a good choice. I think Stella got to hold Willa about two seconds before Sheila snatched her away.

Mom, Willa, and I all went to Rock Valley to collect Grandpa Keizer for supper and to visit Aunt Toots. Toots is my grandpa's sister and she also lives in the Rock Valley nursing home. 

My mom had slaved all day over our gourmet feast of ham balls, hashbrown casserole, strawberry fluff, pea salad, pasta salad and "homemade" apple pie. Minues the pea salad...I was in heaven. You can't find ham loaf in North Carolina. I know this because I have asked.

The rest of the evening was spent hanging out with the kiddos and taking lots of pictures. It sure is fun trying to get all of Grandpa's five great grandkids to smile and look at the camera all at the same time.

Saturday morning became a pajama party. Regan and Willa have the same jammies!!! Of course, we all had to take a million pictures. Also, I just love Regan's bed head.
Saturday afternoon was Willa's open house. People from Iowa are very punctual. We had lots of fun visiting with friends and family. Also, we had some more babies come and visit. I realized holding these chunkier kiddos that I'm in for a world of hurt when Willa starts to gain some weight. I need to either get some more muscle or learn how to hold her on my right side. 

Saturday evening was quality time with the Keizer side of the family. We actually got all of Grandpa Keizer's 10 great grandchildren together at one time. We were attempting to take a great grandkid photo...unfortunately it will soon be out of date because #11 will be here in a few short weeks and #12 arrives in August. Still waiting to find out which of the four photographers got the best shot. I think this one is the best one my little sister managed to take. I sure hope one of my cousins did a better job.      

Sunday definitely came too fast.  I wasn't ready to get back on that airplane. I had some final cuddle sessions with my nieces and nephew. I'm not sure Willa was left alone a single second. We all had a fabulous trip and are unsure of when we are venturing back to the midwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment