Sunday, April 21, 2013

Prune Juice and Crawfish

No, we didn't cook crawfish in prune juice. That would be gross.

Willa is a daily pooper. Sometimes a multiple pooper.  Last week she went three days without filling her diaper. Willa wasn't straining or lowering her feeds but Daren was still concerned. So, while Daren was out with the boys watching the Nascar truck race in Rockingham, Willa and I took a walk to HT to buy some prune juice.

It was about 1:30 when I gave her a bottle - 1oz of prune juice and 3 oz of breast milk. Apparently the new combination didn't phase her because she almost drained it. After about 30 minutes and only one fart I put her in the swing for a nap (with a blanket just in case we had some butt action). While Willa slept I was getting hounded about going to watch the Masters with some friends. Finally, a little after 4pm, Willa awoke from her nap.

Not wanting to arrive empty handed, I swung through the drive thru at Wendy's to pick up four frosty's.  That is when I heard IT. Her butt. Nothing I could do but just get to the Langley's and see the damage. After handing off the frosty's I set down Willa's car seat to unbuckle my little girl and change the diaper. Not good. The diaper didn't contain the three days worth of poo. Down her leg, on the strap and on the cushion.

Upstairs went the ladies. I dumped Willa in their bathtub and Layna started cleaning the car seat. Willa still hates bathtubs and made her displeasure known. Layna used a lot of wipes. The poop had made its way down to the base. I think my child lost about 2 pounds in the span of 10 seconds. We sent a picture  to Daren...no worries, I won't share the pic with you all.

Fast forward to this weekend and the crawfish.

Our neighborhood cajun flew in a ton of crawfish for our neighborhood party. I've never had crawfish. Not a lot of seafood in Iowa. Heck, I still enjoy eating my fish in a triangular shape. Eating crawfish is a very messy process. You can't exactly hold a baby and eat crawfish at the same time so I finally got to use the play pen I received as a shower gift. I wish I had a picture of the neighborhood kids all around Willa. The scene reminded me of a zoo exhibit.

Anyway, back to the crawfish. It was an experience. Lots of fun hanging out with the neighborhood folks now that our weather has become warmer. I'm looking forward to a lot more functions happening in our cul-de-sac.








No comments:

Post a Comment