Sunday, October 7, 2012

34 weeks

We are now counting the weeks on one hand. That is a text sent to me by my good friend Layna. My little sister sent me a post via Facebook on September 28th "only 39 more sleeps until Bean is here!"

34 Weeks
Friday was another ultrasound and visit with Dr. Vora. Everything is looking good.  No changes in regards to the omphalocele. Bean is measuring around 3 pounds 9 ounces. I've also had two non-stress tests (NST). These tests are a breeze. I will continue going in once a week for an NST and visit with Dr. Vora. I'm not sure if there will be another u/s prior to the c-section. We are becoming regulars at the hospital. I'm getting to the point where I don't need to repeat my DOB or address when checking in for appointments. We say lots of hellos and goodbyes as we pass people in the hallway. The folks at UNC are just good stuff.

Pre-pregnancy, the doctors said I would need to have an echo done on my heart to make sure everything is good with my aorta. I've done all of my cardio doctoring at Duke Hospital since moving to NC. I asked if I could just have Duke send over the scans versus having UNC run the exact same tests.

Yes folks, this kid will be here soon. The nursery is mostly furnished and undecorated. I realize this kid won't care if the nursery is complete. This baby will be focused on eating, sleeping, and pooping. The wall decal arrived from Etsy earlier this week. I think we are going to enlist the help of some experienced decal-putter-uppers. We have a few living next door. I am going to to try and tackle making a mobile. Daren just needs to keep hanging stuff on walls. He does very well with taking directions. 

My stint as a part-time employee with Williams Sonoma has ended. I was there almost three years and loved every minute of it. The discount was also a good reason to stay. One of my managers is super talented when it comes to decorating cookies and cakes. Monte made the cookies we sent to family and friends when we announced the pregnancy. Sadly, I didn't take a picture of the beautiful cookies. Anyway, Monte had a present waiting for me on my last shift. Once again the man amazes me. I don't even know where he comes up with his creations. The pictures don't translate the amazingness of an elephant riding a diaper motorcycle. 


No comments:

Post a Comment