Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Sunday - Delayed Visitor Recap

Doing a quick backtrack to talk about the folks who stopped by for a visit. This is just for our memory b/c we lose track of time in here.

Colleen and April from Special Olympics let me know about two months ago they wanted to visit Bean while he/she was in the NICU. The ladies wasted no time in making their way to the hospital. I don't think we could have stopped these ladies. I think we got the call around 1ish they wanted to stop by. It helped they were going to bring us a treat from Cafe Carolina.

I didn't get very many people sharing scary pregnancy stories with me. The most common thing said to me was sleep while you can. Most ladies shared good advice. My neighbor Heather is one of these people. She shared with me the importance of staying on top of having a bowel movement...comfortably. Heather drank an entire bottle of Milk of Magnesia after having Lexie to get "things in motion." Late afternoon on Sunday Heather stopped down after her shift at the hospital.  After visiting Willa and walking Heather to the elevators she gave me the most amazing gift - a Fiber One bar. More on that later.

Dinner was served by Sally, Jonathan and toddler Jonathan. The food here at UNC is pretty good, but it doesn't compare to Los Portales. If only they could have brought me a margarita. Little Jon is a great window into the future of the fun yet to come. It was also great talking to Sally about how clueless I was about post-childbirth. Didn't know my uterus would bleed. I'm sure we discussed some other things but I can't remember.

Theresa was our last visitor of the night. We gave her a quick shopping list of some of the necessities we forgot. Pretty much all shower items didn't make it into the hospital bag that was packed by Daren. I wanted to take a shower soooooo bad on Sunday, but the nurses said I should wait until Monday morning to get the steri-strips wet. I'm a snob and I need my Dove bar of soap. Also, T brought me prunes. Again, more on that later.

That was a lot of guests and I was tired out by the end of the day. Remember, I had just started walking and that was a lot of trips to the NICU to show off our little Bean.

Ignore the mistakes. Daren has yet to read and this post meant only for our memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment