Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Home Again

Just wanted to let everyone know we are home from the hospital. Miss Willa had to remain in the NICU.  Even though we are home I want to continue to go through everything in detail.

Once the omphalocele was discovered during our 18 week ultrasound I scoured the internet trying to find all the information I could. Reading the blogs of moms like me really helped me plan, as much as that is possible, for what we were facing. I planned for the worst and hoped for the best. Each mom and baby story was different but I still learned something from each and every blog I found. The blogs helped me to know the sorts of questions to ask the doctors during the pregnancy and after the delivery.  These stories gave me an idea of the many tests I would have to undergo during my many hospital visits.  Some of the blogs were brutally honest and prepared me for the toll/strain of a marriage from caring for a sick infant -  driving back and forth from the hospital is stressful, the importance of communication, remembering to love each other b/c we have someone who needs us to be strong, and we still need to have a life outside of the hospital.  I was ready to face the many common complications associated with an om and how blessed we truly are with the potential simplicity for our treatment. Most of all the blogs reinforced my faith about how God will see us through.

So Daren and I are at home but I will do my best to try and recreate all we have learned and endured during our short time as parents to our little Willa Bean.

No comments:

Post a Comment