Saturday, January 5, 2013

Grandma Visit #2 (a new message from Willa)

Fancy bandaids
Wednesday I was lucky enough to have Grandma Streett come visit me. It's a good thing, because things were pretty nasty on Thursday. Mommy went back to work, and daddy and grandma took me to see the pediatrician for my two month vaccinations. An oral med and three shots later, we left the doctor's office. The good news is that I was up to 7 pounds, 6 ounces officially. I was also 21 and 1/4 inches tall. I was not very happy with the shots, but my nurse was wicked fast at giving them to me and after a minute or two of crying, I collected myself and we headed back home again.

Thursday I was pretty sleepy from the shots. I slept most of the day until daddy thought I needed to eat, so he woke me up. I made sure that I let him know how I felt about that. After voicing my displeasure for quite a little while, I settled down and eventually had a little bit to eat. By the time that mommy got home from her first day back at work, I was back to being a little sleepy.

Friday was pretty uneventful for us. It was a beautiful day outside, so I went for a stroll with daddy and grandma. We met some good friends out for Mexican for dinner, but I didn't have any. I'm still sticking with milk for now, no Cholula sauce please.

Saturday grandma and I supervised while mommy and daddy took down Christmas decorations. It was hard work for us, but we kept them on task as well as we could. Pretty much everything is back in the basement now, except for a naked tree. I can't wait for Christmas again... I got all kinds of great stuff, even if none of it was from mommy or daddy!

Tomorrow, grandma flies back home again. Mommy is going to play in a volleyball tournament - her first since having me. That should be entertaining - I wish I could go watch that! After tomorrow, things should start becoming normal. Monday, both mommy and daddy are going to work, so it will be my first day at day care. Very exciting! Daddy will drop me off and mommy will pick me up. This will be the start of my official schedule.....

No comments:

Post a Comment