Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Nursery Pics Plus Odds and Ends

I think I promised nursery pictures a half dozen times. Heck, I thought the nursery would be completed before this baby was born. I'm pretty sure the decal in the nursery will be the only decal ever seen in our house. Daren and I picked a tough one to start with. My advice is to avoid trees.


Willa's room was also the location of my tiny Christmas tree purchased in college. Previously, this was the tree used in our living room. Not a good sized tree for a living room, but it is perfect for a nursery. Willa got plenty of ornaments in 2012. Including three beautiful first Christmas ornaments.
Willa's growing library

On to the odds and ends -

Today is Daren's first day back to the office since December 20th. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle being alone all day with Willa. It will be very strange! I enjoyed having Daren at home because we got some major cleaning and organization completed. Also, after 2+ years of marriage, there are now wedding pictures gracing our walls.

This afternoon Daren is picking up his mom from the airport. This will be Grandma Streett's first visit to see Willa. Her timing is perfect to accompany Daren to the pediatrician for Willa's two month shots on Thursday. I'm sitting this one out b/c Thursday is the day I start back at work. I saw enough poking and prodding with all of the IV's in the NICU.

We just added a second detail to Daren and Rita's day on Thursday. They need to go and get an estimate for the damage to Heidi (my new car).  I was involved in a fender bender on NYE afternoon heading home from the mall. There were no injuries and Willa was not with me. Quick version - I was following a car that was turning right. The guy started to make the turn at the intersection and I proceeded to pass him, within the lane, when he turned back to the road. I was unable to stop or avoid him and the entire right side of my car is now damaged. BLEH!

Monday will be Willa's first day at daycare. We found a woman just down the road who has run a daycare out of her home for the past 20 years. She came highly recommended by folks from our neighborhood. Sharon will only care for three babies at a time and only until they reach the age of three. I'm hoping her daycare experience as well as being a mother of eight (that is not a typo) will jumpstart Willa's weight gain. Two weeks ago I claimed Willa was a chunky monkey and I can't say I had the same excitement with the weigh in last week. She didn't gain an ounce.

2012 was filled with lots of surprised for Daren and me. I can only imagine what 2013 will bring.



No comments:

Post a Comment