Thursday, December 6, 2012

Babies R Us v. Buy Buy Baby

Mom, Willa, and I buzzed over to Babies R Us after finishing up with the doctors appointments in Chapel Hill.  We were on a mission to find something for Willa to wear for Christmas/family pictures.  Prior to going in BRU I let mom know that our friend Sally described BRU as Wal-Mart and Buy Buy Baby as Target. Reviews of BRU's return policy, store selection, and customer service were a few of the reasons Daren and I decided to have one of our registry locations be at BBB instead of BRU. It didn't take long for my mom to dislike BRU.  The woman at customer service did not impress. The store managers did not have her stationed in the place where she would best assist customers. I'll be nice and not say where I would have had her working if I was the manager of the BRU.

Anyway, we needed clothing options for Willa so we could find something to coordinate with what Daren and I were going to be wearing in the pictures. We didn't find anything we particularly liked with a Christmas theme so instead settled on three different outfits.  Willa is difficult to shop for because of the omphalocele. Two piece items don't work with the prosthetic.  A onsie wasn't going to be a super cute thing for a Christmas card. I'm sure you all are realizing our dilemma.

My mom's first trip to BBB was on Tuesday after the visit from the Home Health nurse. Oh, only a slight weight gain this week. Willa is up to 6 pounds 3 ounces from 6 pounds 1 ounce the previous week. My mom fell in love with BBB the minute we walked in the door. I brought an item to return and the older gentleman at customer service was making jokes and was happy to help us. Mom found a toy she wanted to give my youngest niece but was in a quandary about how to get it home. The wooden toy was too big and bulky to fly with and would cost a bundle to ship. Mom explained her situation to an employee and she came through like a champ. She was going to wave the shipping fee. Apparently, my mother hugged her she was so happy.

I think my mom would be a very good customer of BBB if they opened a location in Sioux Falls, SD.

No comments:

Post a Comment