Sunday, December 2, 2012

Grandma's First Day

My mom arrived safe and sound on Friday evening. Willa and I were not able to be a part of the chauffeur group. Willa was having a fussy night. I was still trying to feed/soothe/get her to sleep at 1030pm when mom called that her plane had landed.

Friday was a bit of a late night for everyone.  My UNC M Soccer team played a home NCAA quarterfinal match at 6pm. Sadly, they lost but the team had a great season and exceeded expectations after the 2011 national championship. My UNC W Soccer team was playing in the NCAA seminfinal match at 11pm and the game was being televised on ESPNU. In a perfect world, I would have caught a nap between the two games and have been able to stay up. Well, we all made it to halftime before crashing. We taped the game to watch the final in the morning. Of course, I cheated and checked the computer since I'm up every three hours to feed and pump. Very excited to say my ladies won!!!

Okay, back to my mom. Saturday started off with Willa waking up my mom with her cries during the diaper change. I don't think my mom minded. Daren and I changed the dressing on the omphalocele. Mom commented on how much smaller the om is in person than in pictures. We all sat around drinking coffee and having a gourmet breakfast of cereal. I don't think anyone took a shower until closer to 10am. After a quick lunch we started hauling all the Christmas decorations from the basement.

At 2pm Daren headed to Carborro to get a massage I had set up for him. My mom was convinced Willa needed a nap so they hunkered down on the couch. I'm not so sure Willa needed the nap as much as mom. I told mom to go nap in the guest room and I would handle baby duty. Willa and I headed outside for some Vitamin D and quality time with the neighbors.

Saturday evening Mom and I headed to Chapel Hill for the UNC M Basketball game versus UAB.  We had the use of one of my head coach's lower level tickets. My seats are up in the rafters. It was a sloppy game and we both were yawning. We were bad fans and left with three minutes to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment