Saturday, December 8, 2012

Car Seats and Strollers For Dummies

Sometimes you just have a brain fart.

Willa had two doctors appointments at UNC Hospital on Monday morning (previously blogged). Mom and I get everything all packed up for the morning of appointments and an afternoon of shopping. The last thing we need to do is get the stroller in the car. We couldn't figure out how to get the car seat adapter off of the stroller. We tugged and pushed every button we saw but nothing worked. We were running short on time so we left the stroller behind and decided we would be lugging the car seat from place to place.

We got to Chapel Hill and I found the Ambulatory Care Center no problem. I only had to pull one u-turn (if you know me this is impressive). Now it was time to struggle with the car seat. We couldn't get the darn thing unhooked from the base. I tried. Mom tried. We tried together. Again, we started to run short on time so mom said forget about the seat and just carry her. UGH! I did spot the car seat manual on the floor and snagged it so we would be able to look up the answer while waiting to be called back to the room.

That evening Daren showed us how to release the adapter. We were so close! The car seat manual showed us that we both were a bunch of idiots. My older sister texted me this response - "Mom is challenged when it comes to car seats by the way. Not your best choice of baby aide!"

Tuesday was the shopping trip to meet our friend at Buy Buy Baby (previously blogged). I collapsed the stroller and stuck it in the back of the car. Plopped Willa in her base and off we went. We got to BBB and went to assemble our car seat/stroller combo. We couldn't unfold the dang stroller. We yanked and pulled as much as I dared before thinking we were going to break the stroller. Completely defeated, I started to carry the stroller into BBB so they could show us how it works. Luckily, the friend we were meeting showed us the error of our ways.

I think my mom and I have finally passed the test of car seats and strollers for dummies. I'm scared when Willa will upgrade to a different stroller and larger car seat. I might again have issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment