Sunday, November 4, 2012

Crying for Many Reasons

This all started on Friday and I've cried for various reasons -

Friday, late afternoon, while in the labor & delivery room when the nurse was going over the details for the morning. I wasn't crying b/c I was scared. The tears were about how this was all real and I was going to meet my little guy/girl in a few short hours.

Saturday when the doctors said it is a girl.

Sunday evening when I got to see and hold Willa for the first time.

Monday morning when I got so frustrated I was still constrained to my hospital bed while Daren was able to visit. Daren missed this episode and looking back I'm a bit embarrassed at how I was in such a frantic to get to the NICU.

Wednesday evening when we once again had an IV go bad and the nurses had issues finding a good vein. There were a number of attempts I had to leave the room and get away from the situation. After a few tears and retail therapy, I purchased NICU family shirts for Daren and myself, I was back and ready to return.

Tears are healthy and I'm sure I will have some more before we leave here.

No comments:

Post a Comment