Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Sunday - Testing Out the Car Seat

I loved having that extra hour of sleep.  It was needed.  I had a great time seeing all of our neighbors.  I will say that many hugs is painful that close to when I needed to pump. Our household also became the dumping ground for all of the leftover goodies. I was not impressed when I saw a large box full of cookies, brownies, cupcakes and doughnuts. I said all of that stuff can get brought to the folks in the NICU. They can have the calories. We also had multiple people stop by and thank us for the food. Everyone loves free food.

Nothing new from the doctors rounds.  Willa's weight continue to fluctuate. Her feedings are going really well and she is doing good with the new feeding schedule. Surgery has signed off on her discharge but we are still waiting on the doctors to give the same approval.

Fiddling with the straps
The most exciting part of the day was testing out the car seat.  Willa needs to be able to sit in the car seat for 60 minutes without having any drops in her heart rate or oxygen saturation. The funniest part was watching Daren and the woman from occupational therapy try and figure out how to adjust the belts. They even  pulled out the manual. I had fun snapping pictures as Willa is staring at them wondering "why are you torturing me". We didn't pass the test because the monitors started beeping around the 40 minute mark.  The car seat will be reassessed and potentially have some padding added to assist in how she sits in the seat. The other option would be for the hospital to send us home with a car bed.
Start the timer
 I also made sure to take the time to straighten my hair and put on makeup so I could get a picture with Miss Willa. We even snapped our first family picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment