Sunday, November 4, 2012

Thursday - Big News!

Thursday was the first time we came to the hospital from home. I think Daren and I both benefited from the sleep in our own bed. No real changes overnight and we were content with doing feedings and hanging out until the morning rounds.

Some of the big points from rounds was that Willa had a slight increase in her weight and is just below birth weight. She was 5.9 at birth and weighed 5.08 at the Wednesday evening weigh check. The order for the IV fluids will not be renewed. A multivitamin will start being administered on Friday and the bili   number is trending up and will continue to be monitored. We are going to consult peds ortho for the left foot.

Rounds are happening all around us and I am on the computer making quick 3-4 word notes on all the big topics. I'm typing in there are some tests to be completed and can the get done before Sunday because that is when they want to discharge our little Willa Bean. My eyes snapped up so fast to meet Daren's. I wasn't sure I heard them correctly but they really said Sunday will be d-day if all continues to go well with feedings.

The woman from occupational health therapy, same person making the prosthetic, asked how soon she could get the car seat to begin working on any required modifications due to the omphalocele. We told her that we would get her the car seat as soon as we bought one.

Daren and I were off and running by 2pm to get to Buy Buy Baby to purchase the car seat. We were under time constraints b/c I pushed Daren into going and playing softball with our church team. I wanted Daren to get out and have some normalcy within all of this NICU time.

** I just wanted to let everyone know the discharge has been delayed b/c Willa needs to eat more. 

Here is a video of Willa without and tubes or tapes on her face. This girl loves to sleep. Okay, I'm going to post both videos. Roll your eyes but I'm a new mom and I just couldn't decide which to post so I'm going with both.





No comments:

Post a Comment