Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Monday - Bring on Dr. Bose

We were warned informed by the nurses about what to expect with Dr Bose as the attending doctor. Now, I already had a favorable opinion of him from when we did our tour of the NICU.  The ladies said that he will take a baby off of all monitors quicker than other doctors.  Dr Bose doesn't always "go by the books."

For rounds on Monday we had Dr Bose, fellow Dr England, and a nurse practitioner (who was new to us). Right away Daren and I could tell the difference of having Dr Bose on rounds v. Dr Price. Dr Bose questioned most everything we had been doing.  He didn't understand the schedule of breastfeeding/bottle and bottle/NG tube. Dr Bose said if I am here that I need to be breastfeeding. He apologized to Daren for taking away his bottle feeding job, but we need to replicate the home life as much as possible. Dr Bose also didn't think that bottle feeding was any less tiring than the breast.

Next we discussed the failed car seat test from Sunday.  The occupational therapist said mom and dad only live 20 minutes from home. Willa can take the car seat for more than that length of time. So Dr Bose declared the test passed. The nurse practitioner said we will repeat the test before discharge. Lots of smiles were being passed around the room.

Oh, and we are off all monitors. No big shock since the nurses said it was going to happen. It is great to be without any cords. Makes everything so much easier.

Our normal day in the NICU has been from 8am until just shy of 6pm.  I'm trying to push Daren to go back to work because I don't need him sitting with me in the NICU. I'm going to need him that first week at home when we are without all the extra helping hands.

Sorry but we don't have any pictures to share. We forgot Daren's cell phone, my camera and the flip video. I can't believe we have an undocumented day of our daughter's life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment