Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Wednesday - Eyes Wide Open

I'm finally back on track and blogging about the day as it happens. 

I started the day as a solo parent because Daren went back to work.  Thankfully, I have co-workers who will live close by who will take me to the hospital in the morning. I'm pretty sure Daren will give a ride home when he gets here after work.

The feeding plan has been changed once again. If Willa doesn't breastfeed for 15 minutes we are supposed to give her a 25 ml bottle. The ng feeding tube has been taken out. I love the fact I can now take pictures of Willa without anything on her face. We still don't have a clear plan of what is happening with surgeons. I didn't see them today and yesterday's brief visit Daren had with Dr Adamson was uneventful. I don't know when they are going to start tightening the velcro around the turtle shell.  I definitely can't say how long the process will take. I already know the answer if I ask the question - it is different in each situation.
Just hanging in my crib.

Rounds took place just as I was finishing up pumping after the 11am feeding. Our nurse was just finishing up giving Willa her bottle.  I was shocked that Willa stayed awake during the entire time I was talking with the doctors. During the day our little Bean is always sleeping if she isn't eating. Well, she stayed awake for about 90 minutes. She wasn't fussy. She just sat in her crib and played with her tongue and grunted a good bit. So content. I hope this temperament continues once she comes home.
My new strawberry hat!














I told Daren that we need to have everything ready for the next baby by the 36th week. I'm not going through this scramble again. I know I promised pictures of the nursery at least one month ago. We are making progress on hanging the decal. We've at least decided which walls to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment